Are the gcc build files still needed after section 5.4?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 14:46:49 PDT 2006

On 6/5/06, m at de-minimis.co.uk <m at de-minimis.co.uk> wrote:

> Now, I'll have to go and find another reason why my build is breaking
> further down the road... :(  Do IA64'ers have much of a success rate?

The LFS book is only tested on x86.  It's quite possible that a
non-multilib 64 bit install could work using only slightly modified
instructions, but you'd have to ask around.  The Cross-LFS book caters
to many more architectures, so you may want to try there.  The
learning curve is a bit steeper because you cross compile your
temporary system, but it's been pretty well tested at this point.
Here's the links:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/cross-lfs/
http://trac.cross-lfs.org/

--