book/package error concerning bash-3.0

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Mon Jun 5 16:07:09 PDT 2006

> Michiel Faber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The first command in chapter 6.37.1 of lfs 6.1.1 is:
>
> tar -xvf ../bash-doc-3.0.tar.gz &&
>
> however the package i downloaded from a mirror ftp-server is named
> "bash-doc-3.0.tar.bz2" and not "*.gz"
> The command should thus be:
>
> tar -xjvf ../bash-doc-3.0.tar.bz2 &&
>
> Not a big issue, but maybe needs to change in the book?

Sorry, I didn't see the original post so writing back to a reply.  This
all shouldn't be an issue anymore since at least a month.  The whole of
the LFS FTP repo was converted to original package formats, and so the
ftp mirrors should all have the .gz version now.

ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/lfs-packages/development/bash-doc-3.1.tar.gz

Let me know if you see problems with new package tarballs, etc.

Justin