Are the gcc build files still needed after section 5.4?

Randy McMurchy lfs-user at mcmurchy.com
Mon Jun 5 17:37:09 PDT 2006

m at de-minimis.co.uk wrote these words on 06/05/06 19:27 CST:

> [snip everything as it was just confusing to me]

I'm afraid I cannot really grasp what you're trying to say.

You seem intent on a "working dir" and a "search path", neither
of which have anything to do with the ln command.

There is only targets and sources. Let everything else go except
the notion of targets and sources. Perhaps then, the man page
would make sense to you.

And, BTW, the man page I'm referring to is the one that would be
installed on your system if you have LFS installed. I'll let you
do the research as to what version is current. Additionally, I
only use SVN LFS.

I truly wish I could be of more help, however, you seemed to
understand the very fine explanation provided by Steve, so I'm
not sure why you still have doubts about the ln syntax.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.27] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]