GCC 4.0.3 fails to compile Chapter 6.12

Chris Whitacre cd at falkenbbs.com
Thu Jun 8 12:00:13 PDT 2006

Hi, first time LFS user..

I've seem to have run into the famous gcc fails to compile on chapter 6.12.

I've found several references to it with no apparent fixes and was
wondering   has anyone fixed/worked out the issue yet..

My findings are and I do not know what the outcome of this would be is it
has something to do with the patch. If I make a new fresh directory of
GCC-4.0.3 and start the chapter over from scratch then it will compile
fine however the tests (make -k check) failed.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

Thanks...

Chris..