(no subject)

pavithra aravamudhan pavithraamudhan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 05:11:36 PDT 2006

Dear Users,
   I'm new to LFS. I'm currently working on lfs-6.1.1. My host is
running on Fedora Core 2 (kernel 2.6.5 and gcc 3.3.3). I have
installed binutils and gcc successfully. when i try installing
glibc-2.3.4, i get the following error..

running configure fragment for ../glibc-2.2.5/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD!
configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
/usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later.  This check uses <linux/version.h>, so
make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel header
files.  To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the
configure option --with-headers.

i have already copied the required kernel header files from the host
system, to appropriate locations on my LFS partition. i am also using
the --with-headers flag with appropriate path.

any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks in advance.
pavi.