XFree86 installation ...

Jamie Risk jamie_risk at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 15 08:09:45 PDT 2006

I've seen the test screen for the X installation, so all seems to
be going well with LFS 6.1.1. and BLFS 6.1.

However, when I break out of the test screen (ctl-alt-bkspc) I see
an error:

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp: error while loading shared  \
libraries: libxkbfile.so.1: cannont open shared object file:\
No such file or directory
(EE) Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

The file does reside in /usr/X11R6/lib/, so how do I point X to
it's location?