Binutils-Build

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Sat Jun 17 08:46:01 PDT 2006

baldo wrote:
> so i change the ".." to $LFS/sources/ and it seems to work (is this
> correct?!)
>
> everything seems to go fine but at the end i get the following errors
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/binutils-build/gas/doc'
> rm -f gasver.texi
> echo '@set VERSION 2.15.94.0.2.2' > gasver.texi
> touch as.1
> touch: cannot touch `as.1': Permission denied
> make[3]: *** [as.1] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/binutils-build/gas/doc'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/binutils-build/gas'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/binutils-build/gas'
> make: *** [all-gas] Error 2
>

> real    0m36.900s
> user    0m12.772s
> sys     0m10.910s
>
> What should i do?
> Is the make complete? i assume this is a permission problem again but i
> have no idea how to fix it – I've already set ownership of /mnt/lfs to
> the user lfs
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Baldo

The problem is you're obviously not building in $LFS - you created a dir
in / for some reason. Please read page 5.1 carefully - it tells you that
you are expected to untar the package and enter the source dir *before*
doing any of the installation instructions. This means that if the
binutils source dir is in $LFS/sources, you should have
$LFS/sources/binutils-build.