Error while re-adjusting toolchain (6.12)

Michael Limiero mike5713 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 19:40:13 PDT 2006

On 6/20/06, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> You didn't say what version of LFS you're using.  It's kind of
> important because the binutils adjustment has changed.
Version 6.1.1, the current one.

> Anyway, the problem seems to be that ld from binutils has not been
> adjusted to look in /tools/lib.  See how it says ld: warning ...
> needed by /lib/libc.so.6?  It should be trying to use
> /tools/lib/libc.so.6.  Still, that doesn't exactly explain why it
> can't find ld-linux.so.2.  Does /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2 exist?
Yes, it exists. It's a symbolic link that points to ld-2.3.4.so.
/lib/ld-linux.so is the same thing.
I just installed glibc into /usr. Then when I readjusted the
toolchain, it said it would point back to /{,usr/}lib instead of
/tools/lib. So isn't it supposed to look there? Or am I very confused?