gcc-4.1.1 pass2 cannot find limits.h

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 06:21:51 PDT 2006

On 6/29/06, f. l. <texlexsex at gmail.com> wrote:

> i created a new partition, make symbolic link to /tool,
> clean all enviroment variables except HOME, TERM and so on,
>
>   binutils-2.17
>   gcc-4.1.1 pass 1
>   Linux-Libc-Headers-2.6.12.0
>   Glibc-2.4
>   Tcl-8.4.13
>   Tk-8.4.13
>   Expect-5.44.1
>   DejaGNU-1.4.4
>
> these all went fine, and follow the instructions in lfs-book, except
> packages are newer version than lfs-book.

I recall someone else had the same problem doing the exact same thing
you are (except binutils-2.17) a couple months ago.  Like Chris said,
though, most of the people here aren't using the newer versions until
we can get this damn release done.  How did you do the toolchain
adjustment?  Why are you nulling STMP_FIXINC?

If you don't find what you need in the CLFS book, try looking at the
DIY book for clues.  It's very similar to the native LFS book and
includes the newer toolchain versions.

http://www.diy-linux.org/x86-reference-build/

--
Dan