vsFTPD error 530

Cruise X Overide cruiseoveride at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 16:33:43 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 15:07 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 6/30/06, Cruise X Overide <cruiseoveride at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > i have used the default configuration file,
> > and the error i get is exactly wat i said. i followed the book to a T.
> > do i need to subscribe to be on the BLFS list?
>
> Yes.  But in the meantime, you should know that you need to do more
> configuration for vsftpd than is in the book.  The BLFS team can't
> decide how you want to configure your server.
>
> http://vsftpd.beasts.org/vsftpd_conf.html
>
> --
> Dan

i have made the necessary changes in the conf file to allow local users
to login, the same configuration, seems to work on my fedora machine. i
feel there is a problem with how the ftp server authenticates to login
or pam, but i cannot see any errors except the 530. all local users are
able to login on the tty consoles, and the user_list deny and allow,
seems to work (tcp wrappers) but no user, or root , except for anonymous
is able to login to the ftp.
Any suggestions?
Has anyone got ftp working?