vsFTPD error 530

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 16:55:38 PDT 2006

On 6/30/06, Cruise X Overide <cruiseoveride at gmail.com> wrote:

> i have made the necessary changes in the conf file to allow local users
> to login, the same configuration, seems to work on my fedora machine. i
> feel there is a problem with how the ftp server authenticates to login
> or pam, but i cannot see any errors except the 530. all local users are
> able to login on the tty consoles, and the user_list deny and allow,
> seems to work (tcp wrappers) but no user, or root , except for anonymous
> is able to login to the ftp.
> Any suggestions?
> Has anyone got ftp working?

I've gotten it working before, but there's still two problems here.
First, could you please bring the discussion to blfs-support? Second,
please post your configuration or error logs or anything else. It's
hard to help debug your problem when you just say it's not working.
I'm not trying to be a jerk about this.

--
Dan