Section 5.7

elmarsa dice elmarsadice at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 10:12:04 PDT 2006

Chris,
Thanks for the reply.  I truly appreciate your help as I am
teaching myself and the only source of assistance to me is this
forum.  See below:
--- Chris Staub <chris at beaker67.com> wrote:

> elmarsa dice wrote:
> > I am having some problems in understanding where to put the
> > Linux Headers.  Sections 5.4 and 5.5 are pretty clear that
> they
> > go into the -build directories but it is not clear into
> which
> > directory Linux-2.6.8.1 is to be placed.  The book is
> unclear to
> > me when it says "...,set it up, and copy the required files
> to a
> > place where gcc can locate them later."  Some further
> > clarification or referral to a hint on this will be
> appreciated.
> >
> > elmarsa
> >

> Please read section 5.1 carefully. It tells you that all
> package
> installation instructions assume that you have unpacked the
> source
> tarball and entered the source dir.

I have read it carefully and I think this is where I have my
problem.  I understand I need to enter the source directory but
where to put the source directory is the question.  In sections
5.4 and 5.5 I cp'd the source directories to the -build
directories and unpacked them there and did the configure.  In
section 5.7 it is not clear to me into which $LFS directory I
should cp the source.  Section 5.l implies it is the $LFS/tools
directory but to me this is not clear.  This is where I need the
clarification.  Any clarification is appreciated.

elmarsa