grub doesn't find the root disk

marco van der grient mw.vandergrient at wanadoo.nl
Wed May 3 18:47:02 PDT 2006

Hi,
For some reason the complete install went just fine (good job LFS!) but
making the system bootable was a problem:
when I chroot into the system (from the live CD), call grub, I get
errors about not finding the root disk (not a block device).
When I want to check the disk with fdisk or cfdisk, /dev/hdb It can not
be find. When I logout the chroot envirioment fdisk or cfdisk does find
the HD... A puzzel to me. Any thoughts or maybe concrete help on this?
Regards,
Marco