Section 5.8

elmarsa dice elmarsadice at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 21:09:05 PDT 2006

Jeremy,

--- Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Ken Moffat wrote:
> >  I think this is an old version of the book ? (certainly,
> > glibc-kernheaders sounds old).  I'm not familiar with the Live
> CDs,
> > and slightly surprised that asm-i386 isn't there - surely the
> full
> > version of whatever is being used to supply these headers [
> sounds
> > like the kernel, and probably an old linux-libc-headers for
> > everything except glibc ] is on the CD ?
>
> It's there. But he's talking about copying from '/usr/include' on
> the
> livecd which is, obviously, the wrong way to go about it. (And
> since the
> livecd is based on LFS will only have /usrou /include/asm). FBBG -
> install
> llh as the book tells you to.
Your fbbb (had to look it up) was right.  I didn't read the
instructions carefully enough.  After I did it worked ok.  Thanks for
the help.   I think I might write a "hint" for those of us that are
really newbies and need the extra insight.  You probably will be
hearing from me again and be sure I really appreciate your
assistance.

> --
> JH

elmarsa