LFS 6.1.1: eth0 doesn't exist

Allard Welter allard at quicknet.nl
Mon May 8 05:42:05 PDT 2006

On Sunday 07 May 2006 17:08, Angel Tsankov wrote:
> Having built LFS 6.1.1, I restarted the PC and got the following:
>
> Bringing up the eth0 interface...
>     Interface eth0 doesn't exist.    [ WARN ]
>
> What might be wrong?

Besides the kernel configuration mentioned in the other posts, perhaps
the NIC isn't called eth0. Check what you called your NIC in the
file /etc/udev/rules.d/26-network.rules (let's say you called it fido)
then change the name of the
directory /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0
to /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.fido

This was discussed just over a week ago.