LFS 6.1.1: glibc test fails

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Wed May 10 00:27:19 PDT 2006

Angel Tsankov wrote:

> Honestly, I cannot figure out which tests you are talking about. I
> looked both at section 5.6 and 6.11.

Pasted directly from section 6.11...

  Test the results:

make -k check >glibc-check-log 2>&1
grep Error glibc-check-log

The Glibc test suite is highly dependent on certain functions of the
host system, in particular the kernel. In general, the Glibc test suite
is always expected to pass. However, in certain circumstances, some
failures are unavoidable. This is a list of the most common issues:

     *

       The math tests sometimes fail when running on systems where the
CPU is not a relatively new genuine Intel or authentic AMD. Certain
optimization settings are also known to be a factor here.
     *

       The gettext test sometimes fails due to host system issues. The
exact reasons are not yet clear.
     *

       If you have mounted the LFS partition with the noatime option,
the atime test will fail. As mentioned in Section 2.4, "Mounting the New
Partition", do not use the noatime option while building LFS.
     *

       When running on older and slower hardware, some tests can fail
because of test timeouts being exceeded.