gcc 2nd pass error

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Wed May 10 14:14:53 PDT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 08:29:46PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 01:17:03PM +0100, Georgina Joyce wrote:
> > Hi
>
>  Did you extract a fresh source tarball, and create a fresh build
> directory ?  The only references to that message that I can see on
> google are from a failed cross-compile (no reason established, the
> builder was pointed to a more authoritative method of doing it) and on
> linuxquestions, for both binutils and gcc, where the problems seemed
> to be related to reusing the pass 1 directories.
No I kept the original source as instructed.  Although, I didn't feel confident about renewing the build directory but it was quite clear that was necessary.  I deleted all of the files inside my original build directory and attempted my second build.  Shouldn't have I deleted the build contents of the first pass?

>  We only normally tell people to use a different version of binutils
> if they are building from fedora! (the fedora versions are often too
> new for what is in the last release).
I see, I only stated that I'd tried to sort my problem myself, it wasn't meant as a criticism.  Thanks for the clarification.

Hope that this clarifies my situation.

Gena

> Ken
> --
> das eine Mal als Tragödie, das andere Mal als Farce
---end quoted text---

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux