gcc 2nd pass error

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 10 16:04:11 PDT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 10:14:53PM +0100, Georgina Joyce wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 08:29:46PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> >  We only normally tell people to use a different version of binutils
> > if they are building from fedora! (the fedora versions are often too
> > new for what is in the last release).
> I see, I only stated that I'd tried to sort my problem myself, it wasn't meant as a criticism.  Thanks for the clarification.

 I didn't see anything wrong with what you wrote, and I hope I
didn't write anything to put your back up. "Use a different version
of binutils" was the stock answer to a *very* different problem, so
it would not have been likely to help you.  I'm just glad that the
problem now seems to have been explained.

Ken