LFS Version SVN-20060501 - 6.9. Glibc-2.3.6 - make -k check >glibc-check-log 2>&1

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 11 14:30:36 PDT 2006

On 5/11/06, Mag. Leonhard Landrock <1977-Hamlet at gmx.at> wrote:

>     make[2]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)

This is fine.  It's ignored as it says.

>     make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-attr3.out] Error 1
>     make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-clock2.out] Error 1

I've gotten both of these failures before, but it's been a while.
IIRC, when I first built LFS on an FC3 machine, I failed tst-clock2.
Then I turned off NTP (the time protocol) on the host and it passed.
So, you can try to turn off NTP in Debian while you test glibc.

I can't remember the context of the tst-attr3 failures.

This isn't a terrible amount of failures.  While I know that many
people here are getting failure-free glibc test runs with the current
SVN, two failures is not that bad.  You can try to research the issue
or start over.  However, I believe some of these errors can be
manifested by the host environment.

I would move on if I were you unless you want to investigate more.
Your libc is more than functional at this point.  Also, you could keep
the glibc source and build directories around.  Then, after booting
your new system, you could run the glibc test suite again.  This would
tell you whether the host environment was affecting the test suite.

--
Dan