tty error on a debian sarge host

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Fri May 12 14:14:31 PDT 2006

Hi

Well I'm getting the tty error as stated in the lsf FAQ.  But not sure how I can fix it.

I think I have right kernel options selected as I'm using a custom built 2.6.15.4 kernel and the FAQ suggests that I should have a /dev/pts option which doesn't appear in my .config.

The files in the /dev/ directory were present and I run the chmod commands and put the entry in the /etc/fstab file as suggested in the FAQ but still get the error.

So how do I produce tty for the final binutil build?

Here's my kernel .config section:

# Pseudo filesystems
#
CONFIG_PROC_FS=y
CONFIG_PROC_KCORE=y
CONFIG_SYSFS=y
CONFIG_TMPFS=y
# CONFIG_HUGETLBFS is not set
# CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE is not set
CONFIG_RAMFS=y
# CONFIG_RELAYFS_FS is not set

CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS=y
CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS=y
CONFIG_LEGACY_PTY_COUNT=256

#

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux