tty error on a debian sarge host

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 12 16:05:39 PDT 2006

On 5/12/06, Georgina Joyce <gena at genaj.plus.com> wrote:

> I enter chroot by running the following script:
>

> #!/bin/sh
> mount -vt proc proc $LFS/proc
> mount -vt sysfs sysfs $LFS/sys
>  mount -vft tmpfs tmpfs $LFS/dev
> mount -vft tmpfs tmpfs $LFS/dev/shm
> mount -vft devpts -o gid=4,mode=620 devpts $LFS/dev/pts

Here's the problem.  These last 3 are just fake mounts (-f option).
They're just used so that when you enter `mount' outside of the
chroot, you'll see file systems that are inside the chroot.  When you
enter the chroot, you have to mount the real file systems.  These are
done in Ch. 6.8.  If you reboot the system, these real mounts will be
gone.  I'm guessing this is the situation you're in.

--
Dan