LFS Version SVN-20060501 - GCC-4.0.3 - compilation fails

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 14 11:41:18 PDT 2006

On 5/14/06, Mag. Leonhard Landrock <1977-Hamlet at gmx.at> wrote:

> Yes, you are right. The result is different. Here it comes:
>
> #include "..." search starts here:
> #include <...> search starts here:
>  /tools/include
>  /tools/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.0.3/include
> End of search list.

That's what it should be at that point since you're using the gcc in
/tools.  Do you have /tools/include/stdio.h?  Should have come with
the glibc you built in /tools.

> BTW: I do not know wether it has any inportance, that  "#include "..." search
> starts here:" seems to be empty.

That's correct.

Can you try this other sanity check that will actually tell us
something useful about how it's searching for the headers.

cat > dummy.c << "EOF"
#include <stdio.h>
main(){}
EOF

cc -H dummy.c

That should show you the trail of headers it picks up.

--
Dan