lfs and network configuration

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Tue May 16 06:45:15 PDT 2006

Hi

Well I'm sure that I've followed all the steps in the book 6.1 and in addition from the blfs book xinetd.  But the ifconfig command isn't available.  I'm so used to passing parameters and observing available interfaces via ifconfig.  Has ifconfig been replaced with something else?  When I can see my interface, is there a place to put wireless extentions?  I haven't seen anything about the /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.wlan0/ivv4 file supporting wireless extentions.  Is there a way of passing the iwconfig parameters to the interface within the present structure?

Many thanks.

Gena

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux