LFS 6.1.1: coreutils tests as user dummy: touch: setting times of `/': Permission denied

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 17 08:19:55 PDT 2006

On 5/17/06, Angel Tsankov <fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg> wrote:

> >> Yes, / (i.e. $LFS in non-chroot'ed environment) is owned by root:
> >> drwxrwxrwt 25 root root 4096 ...
> >
> > Most likely. However, it is not *supposed* to be able to in order for the test to pass.
>
> If not, then I'm definitely missing smth...

I think the test is supposed to pass if user dummy cannot write to /.
This is the normal situation where an unprivelaged user can't write
directly to the root filesystem.  However, your permissions
(drwxrwxrwt) are nothing like that.  Is there a reason you're allowing
everyone to write to /?  I would try setting the permissions to
something more normal and seeing if the test passes.  You can always
put the permissions back later if you really need them for something.

--
Dan