alsa udev device creation

Georgina Joyce gena at genaj.plus.com
Wed May 17 15:06:44 PDT 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 09:24:56AM +0200, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

> Are you sure that kernel recognizes your hardware? Do you see messages
> reporting that alsa module was loaded correctly, do you see the module
> in lsmod?
I can't state it clearer, I don't have the /dev/audio /dev/dsp etc devices.  The cards are being seen and configured.  I can adjust volume etc.  I just can't use them because they don't have the virtual devices in /dev.

Gena

> --
> Minds, like parachutes, function best when open
---end quoted text---

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux