Selinux, Grsecurity build issues.

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Thu May 18 09:08:15 PDT 2006

Disabling SELinux in /etc/selinux/config worked, and I can remount
sysfs and the like without /dev/emptying faster than I can fill it

The critical line is

SELINUX=disabled

HLFS provides it's own security issues. Notably, grsecurity as I have
configured it does not allow mounting of anything outside of the
standard filesystem. So lines early in chapter 6 just around the chroot
fail as you try to mount from inside a chroot, and grsecurity says NO!

The solution is to reorder events slightly, and mount everything before
entering the chroot

mount proc -t proc $LFS/proc     etc

and that works
--