LFS 6.1.1 on PPC

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 19 18:08:34 PDT 2006

Jon Fullmer wrote:
> You don't need CLFS.  I built a couple of systems just using a slightly
> modified LFS (i.e., obviously GRUB is not needed).  The first base system
> was running Mandrake PPC on a beige G3 PowerMac.

The biggest difference to watch for is the name of your dynamic linker.
On x86, it's ld-linux.so.2. On a powerpc, it will be ld.so.1. As Jon
said, also you'll use a different bootloader. If you have a new world
Mac (any of the recent non-beige ones, ie, a G4) then yaboot should work
well. Also, in addition to the packages built in LFS, you'll probably
want/need mac-fdisk or parted for editing partitions.

--
JH