6.21 E2fsprogs-1.41.10 101 Tests failured -make check

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Tue May 4 15:57:44 PDT 2010

On 05/04/2010 06:28 PM, Bill Brown wrote:
> I have spend a good day trying to figure out the cause of all tests
> failing except for the first two and last two when issuing the 'make
> check' command;
>
> I am using the 6.6 version of the LFS book.  Running on Ubuntu desktop
> 9.10.  Which in turn is a virtual machine on VMware ESXi 4.0 free.  I am
> new to Linux development but have considerable console programming
> experience in C, C++, Java and earlier languages.  I am wanting to begin
> an open source development project to run on Linux so looking to broaden
> my foundation via this LFS process.
>

> Thanks for any insights...  Bill

That many failing tests likely indicates some kind of serious problems,
though the output given doesn't really provide any info outside of
saying that tests failed. There are likely clues in the log files for
each test - check in the "tests" directory (inside the "build" dir) for
.log files - inspect the log for each test and see if any provide useful
information.