sysklogd 1.5.0 segfault,1.4.1 works well.

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue May 4 22:29:08 PDT 2010

xinglp wrote:
> I tested it on both LFS-SVN and LFS-6.5. Do I have to turn on
> something in the kernel.

You're a little short of info here.  Does klogd run OK?  Do you get any
errors when you build?  I don't know of anything different in the
kernel, but which kernel are you using?  Do you get any sysklog output
at all, or does it segfault immediately?   Does  /etc/syslog.conf exist?
What is your hardware?  Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit?

sysklogd 1.5.0 seems to run fine for me on a 64-bit system.

   -- Bruce