cpuid.h not found

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Tue May 11 01:44:56 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Yan Mo wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to this. Got upto the Glibc configure part of 5.7.1 in
> LFS-BOOK-6.6 and its stopping after these messages:
>
> checking cpuid.h usability... no
> checking cpuid.h presence... no
> checking for cpuid.h... no
> configure: error: gcc must provide the <cpuid.h> header

The file cpuid.h is provided by gcc.  Since you do not have the file,
it is possible that the gcc build in section 5.5.1 failed.  You could
try repeating that section and carefully checking the output.

On my machine the cpuid.h file appears in
$LFS/tools/lib/gcc/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/4.4.3/include.

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')