not find the i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc in LFS-directory.

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:06:09 PDT 2010

On 11/05/10 21:07, AOL wrote:
> Good day. Please excuse my English.
> Almost month ago, I sent the question and recieved answer, but nothin
> did not understood. Fully nothin. Now, at least, I understand my
> question and answer for me.
> Possibly I understand not all exactly.
>
> I had did:
>   gnu at gnu-desktop:/mnt/lfs/gcc-build$ ln -vs libgcc.a `$LFS_TGT-gcc
> -print-libgcc-file-name | \

It looks like you've made a folder /mnt/lfs/gcc-build to compile gcc in.
That suggests that the whole of /mnt/lfs is writable by the user (gnu? -
you should be working as the user lfs). The book is quite clear, only
/mnt/lfs/{sources,tools} should be writable by the user. You should untar
things in /mnt/lfs/sources then cd into the folder you've untared and then
begin executing the commands.

Andy