GMP incorrectly detects CPU-VENDOR-OS triplet

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Fri May 14 14:20:32 PDT 2010

On 14 May 2010 20:03, Prashant R Keshvani (Baijoo)
<prashant2400 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have faced the same problem. I have used kvm to build LFS,
> when I ran configure from GMP, it generate an error saying no suitable
> compiler found for pentium2-unlnown-linux-gnu. actually my machine
> is x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. I had to manually specify it using build
> option.
>
> Regards,

 I think we're still missing something here, but I don't know what it is.
The original report was 'athlon-unknown-linux-gnu', and the problem
is that he was building 64-bit - that is a 32-bit host.  In my own case,
the logs show athlon64-unknown-linux-gnu for 64-bit.

 See also the discussion about ticket 2648 on -dev last weekend.

 Were you using a 32-bit vm with a 64-bit kernel ?

 ALso, was the original 'athlon-unknown-linux-gnu' reporter in a vm ?

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"