GMP incorrectly detects CPU-VENDOR-OS triplet

Prashant R Keshvani (Baijoo) prashant2400 at gmail.com
Sat May 15 00:08:49 PDT 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 2:50 AM, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com>wrote:

> On 14 May 2010 20:03, Prashant R Keshvani (Baijoo)
> <prashant2400 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I have faced the same problem. I have used kvm to build LFS,
> > when I ran configure from GMP, it generate an error saying no suitable
> > compiler found for pentium2-unlnown-linux-gnu. actually my machine
> > is x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. I had to manually specify it using build
> > option.
> >
> > Regards,
> >

>  I think we're still missing something here, but I don't know what it is.
> The original report was 'athlon-unknown-linux-gnu', and the problem
> is that he was building 64-bit - that is a 32-bit host.  In my own case,
> the logs show athlon64-unknown-linux-gnu for 64-bit.
>
>  See also the discussion about ticket 2648 on -dev last weekend.
>
>  Were you using a 32-bit vm with a 64-bit kernel ?

No, I am using 64-bit vm (qemu-kvm) on 64 bit kernel (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS)
And as I am using kvm, it directly expose hardware to guest, without
emulation.
I have built 64 bit LFS (v 6.3) on 64 bit host, with multilib.

(
I know this should go in another discussion but I think It's worth noting
My grub is also not working properly. If I press any key other than enter,
grub freezes, and have to restart kvm. However If I press enter than
kernel boots normally.
)
Regards,

>  ALso, was the original 'athlon-unknown-linux-gnu' reporter in a vm ?
>
> ĸen
> --
> After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"

Prashant R Keshvani,