toolchain problem?

Neal Murphy neal.p.murphy at alum.wpi.edu
Sat May 15 13:13:41 PDT 2010

On Saturday 15 May 2010 14:09:45 henk.boswijk at hccnet.nl wrote:
> LFS 6.6
> After the first pass of Binutils in chapter 5 I end up with 14 files
> (binaries) in /mnt/lfs/tools/bin, but they have names that include the
> $LFS_TGT, like this:
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-addr2line
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-ar
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-as
> etc.
> In /mnt/lfs/tools/i686-linux-gnu/bin the files have their regular names,
> but there are only 8 instead of 14 of them:
> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
> Henk Boswijk

If you look in the second pass of building the toolchain, you'll see that
binutils and gcc are built using these explicit names in a further effort to
insulate the build process from the host. These are the
cross-compiling/linking tools.

However, if you are really seeing "/mnt/lfs/tools/i686-linux-gnu", then you
have an error; it should be ""/mnt/lfs/tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu". Methinks
you may have mistyped it, though.