grub-install

Yan Mo yinoryan at gmail.com
Sat May 15 14:09:16 PDT 2010

Hi, got past the previous issue by using a newer machine.

Now have got upto section 8.4.2 in the LFS-BOOK-6.6

After entering:

  grub-install --grub-setup=/bin/true /dev/sda

It gives the messages:

  grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for /boot/grub.

  No path or device is specified.
  Try ``grub-probe --help'' for more information.
  Auto-detection of a filesystem module failed.
  Please specify the module with the options `--modules' explicitly.

After doing a searchs of the Linux From Scratch website, I noticed that this
section of the book changes frequently. Should I try one of the previous
ways of doing this? I'm concerned I may not be able to reboot my computer if
I just try things...