gzip help

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Tue May 18 03:19:13 PDT 2010

On 16/05/10 19:29, Mag Gam wrote:
> I am trying to compile gzip using icc. I tried following these
> instructions, http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/intel-c-compiler.txt

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose to use the (closed source)
intel compiler? People used to say that it was faster than gcc but
lately gcc has been catching up. I seem to recall reading that the
benefit of using the intel compiler wasn't worth the effort anymore
and that if you wanted to make your code run faster you should compile
it against a lighter libc than glibc. But, again, for most people the
benefit isn't worth the hastle.

Andy