LFS for old Compaq LTE 5300 laptop

Leho Pärnapuu joakim12 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 04:03:06 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have one old Laptop: Compaq LTE 5300.

It has:
133MHz CPU
32MB RAM
2167MB Hard Disk Drive

PCMCIA TRENDnet Wireless CardBus IEEE 802.11b/2.4GHz
TEW-226PC

It does not have boot option from CD, but does have from 1.44MB Floppy
drive.

CD drive and Floppy drive are changeable - either one of them works at a
time.

I have Win98 on there at the moment.

Is it possible to compile the LFS on Desktop PC with:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ CPU
And then copy the LFS to this old Laptop?

Copy and install with tomsrtbt over the LAN.

Is it doable? Do I need to built it as CLFS or can I built as a regular LFS?

Leho,