LFS for old Compaq LTE 5300 laptop

Dominic Ringuet dringuet at gmail.com
Thu May 20 12:31:53 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Leho Pärnapuu <joakim12 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It has:
> 133MHz CPU
> 32MB RAM
> 2167MB Hard Disk Drive
>
> PCMCIA TRENDnet Wireless CardBus IEEE 802.11b/2.4GHz
> TEW-226PC

I had some success 1 or 2 years ago on a:
100MHz CPU
16MB RAM
800MB Hard Disk Drive
Xircom ethernet/modem cardbus PCMCIA

I had to download and modify a hack so my i686 gets seen as a i586. It was a
kernel module overriding what uname gives as info, successfully mystifying
what ./configure and his gang sees when prompting the architecture.

Once compiled and maximally striped, the laptop ran ssh, xorg and alsa,
resulting in a decent working X terminal.

Tomsrtbt has been used to transfer the system via nfs as it supported the
network card. Googling for "lfs uname hack" should bring you closer to your
goal.

Dom.