Problem with localedef

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Fri May 21 21:21:13 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Gaetano Spina wrote:
>  After I created the directory for the locales and run the command for
>  the generation of the first locale, with the unique difference that I
>  introduced the further option -v.
>  What follows it is the response:
>  /usr/share/i18n/locales/cs_CZ:108: non-symbolic character value should
>  not be used
>  /usr/share/i18n/locales/cs_CZ:109: non-symbolic character value should
>  not be used

That '-v' makes a difference.

See the thread here: <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=206784>

To summarise, there is every possibility that the command is actually
working, despite the warnings that are being printed.

To be sure, you could try it without the verbose switch and see if it
works for you.

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')