infinite loop while making Glibc-2.11.1 - Chapter 5

Rick Shelton rick.shelton at gmail.com
Sun May 23 17:16:58 PDT 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Timothy Powell <kd4iky at gmail.com> wrote:
> After a couple of hours running I stopped the make and notice that the
> following kept repeating in the log.  Has anyone else had this problem and
> if so how did you correct it?

I've seen this happen when the system clock is not set correctly. Make
is tricked into rebuilding targets because they are stamped with a
time that is older than their source files.

When I saw this, it was on a friend's LFS build. He had quickly
installed some Linux distribution without bothering to set the correct
time. So check the host system's clock is correctly set.