chapter 6.16: configure: error: in `/sources/gcc-build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgcc':, ... C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 26 09:06:40 PDT 2010

mhenriquezs at terra.cl wrote:
> Ok sorry, it was not my intention to make a big deal about this, in any
> case I fixed my self, so hope that this don't make to much troubles to
> the list..

Don't worry. Nobody's angry or anything.

IMO, if the same problem crops up repeatedly, with different readers
(and it does) then there's a problem with the book.

To put it another way, if the question keeps coming up, and is a
big PITA in the list, then the effort of putting that into the book
in each section becomes less trouble than answering on the list
over and over.

[...]

>> The important note #1 in ch 5.3 is clear.
>> However, "General Compilation Instructions"  never specifies the flow
>> of events expected to follow:
>>
>> 1 - make sure $LFS is set to the target directory (export LFS=/mnt/lfs)
>> 2 - change directory to $LFS/sources
>> 3 - unpack the package tarball
>> 4 - change directory to the unpacked directory created by tar
>> 5 - follow package build and install instructions
>> 6 - change directory to $LFS/sources
>> 7 - remove the unpacked directory created by tar
>>
>> At least I can't remember where that is.

Maybe this would help. I dunno.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.