Kindle Version

Abhinav Chaturvedi achaturvedi at gmail.com
Wed May 26 11:22:24 PDT 2010

Well,

I read LFS instructions on the Kindle when I was trying to compile my
own kernel some months back. But all that I did was have Amazon convert
LFS's PDF file to the Kindle format. Amazon's PDF conversion capabilities
were
not quite upto scratch back then. So it took a couple of attempts.

But I guess you have something else in mind. Could you not, however,
post someone's existing Kindle format file on Amazon?

Abhinav.

On 27 May 2010 01:23, Jess Hires <hires.jess at gmail.com> wrote:

> This might be a little off topic, but has anybody compiled a Kindle version
> of LFS from the HTML?
>
> I put one together for myself, using Mobipocket Creator. It's a little time
> consuming, I had to put the pages together in the right order, according to
> the Table of Contents, and I put a separator page in between each section to
> send a "page break" to the Mobipocket document, just so it's a little
> cleaner to look at.
>
> I'd be willing to come up with an automated way to do this (and remove some
> of the extra HTML that's unnecessary, like Prev Page / Next Page), if anyone
> sees any value in this, assuming nobody else has already done it.
>
> Maybe it could be uploaded to Amazon as a free Kindle book that way.  ;)
>
> -Jess

Avoiding precedents does not mean nothing should ever be done. It only means
that nothing should ever be done for the first time (Yes Minister)