LFS-6.6, Stage2, glibc, nscd.c:442

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Mon May 31 16:58:10 PDT 2010

On 1 June 2010 00:11,  <x2164 at lycos.com> wrote:

>  In my arrogance i drank of the ALFS.
>
>  Like a siren's song the jhalfs scripts drew me in.  Only teasing me
>  with a few trials to test my love before providing, with barely a
>  touch of the keyboard, a new bootable LFS system with a
>  blfs_root directory.
>
>  And BLFS hell is where i now reside.  If only i'd known.
>
>  Damn you XOrg_7 package and your infinite loop segfault!

The blfs-support list is open even to the unclean (if it wasn't,
*I* would never get any help there!).  As always, there is no
guarantee of *any* response, let alone of useful responses,
but google doesn't think you've posted there.

Doing your own research is good, but if it doesn't bring a
resolution it's always worth asking in case anyone else has
already solved it.

And yes, segfaults in the xorg server are indeed nasty things
to debug and I've never managed it..  If you post on
blfs-support, remember to mention your graphics hardware,
and the versions of xf86-video-whichever and xorg-server
that you are using).

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"