[lfs-support] Cannot open root device "sda1"

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 08:33:40 PST 2012

>Maybe it's called sdb1 or hda1 or perhaps you compiled your kernel with
>modules?

I considered hba1, but never changed it since when I boot into Fedora, I always mounted it as /dev/sda1. Anyway that got me beyond that panic, but now its complaining about  fs ext3. At this point should my fstab be using /dev/hda instead of /dev/sda I set up? Or is it complaining about not recognizing the filesystem type of ext3? Thank you.