[lfs-support] glibc tests errors

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 2 09:24:50 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 06:13:55PM +0200, mais lfs wrote:
> I don't know how to proceed, I get the following errors
> when running: make -k check 2>&1 | tee glibc-check-log
>
> root:/sources/glibc-build# grep Error glibc-check-log
> make[1]: *** [csu/tests] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [iconv/tests] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [locale/tests] Error 2
[...]
> make: *** [check] Error 2
>
> These are way more than the few mentioned in the book.
> thx

 Take a look in glibc-check-log from the *host* system.  For
example, you could open another tty and then use 'view' (or 'less',
if you prefer).  Search for 'Error' [ /Error to search for it in
less or vim ], then look at the lines just before it.  You'll
probably see descriptive messages explaining what failed.

 I'm guessing you forgot one or more of hte earlier packages, but
that's only a guess.

 Also, if all the 'Error 2' failures have a simialr cause, the
'Error 1' might be something different.

ĸen