[lfs-support] glibc tests errors

mais lfs maislfs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:57:49 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 06:13:55PM +0200, mais lfs wrote:
> > I don't know how to proceed, I get the following errors
> > when running: make -k check 2>&1 | tee glibc-check-log
> >
> > root:/sources/glibc-build# grep Error glibc-check-log
> > make[1]: *** [csu/tests] Error 2
> > make[1]: *** [iconv/tests] Error 2
> > make[1]: *** [locale/tests] Error 2
> [...]
> > make: *** [check] Error 2
> >
> > These are way more than the few mentioned in the book.
> > thx
>
>  Take a look in glibc-check-log from the *host* system.  For
> example, you could open another tty and then use 'view' (or 'less',
> if you prefer).  Search for 'Error' [ /Error to search for it in
> less or vim ], then look at the lines just before it.  You'll
> probably see descriptive messages explaining what failed.
>
>  I'm guessing you forgot one or more of hte earlier packages, but
> that's only a guess.
>
>  Also, if all the 'Error 2' failures have a simialr cause, the
> 'Error 1' might be something different.
>
> ĸen
> --

Don't have 'less' available yet, so is using:
grep -B5 Error glibc-check-log

with which I found:
..
error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
..
but:  find / -name 'libgcc_s*'  gives
/sources/glibc-2.14.1/sysdeps/generic/libgcc_s.h
/tools/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
/tools/lib/libgcc_s.so