[lfs-support] Nobody has received the fatal error missing gmp.h in coreutils-8.14

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Tue Jan 3 16:51:25 PST 2012

On 01/03/2012 06:28 PM, jasonpsage at jegas.com wrote:
> I posted earlier, and I don't expect speedy response but I was hoping
> someone would say yay or Nay.
>
> compiling: coreutils-8.14 I get:
>
> expr.c:54:18 fatal error : gmp.h: no such file or directory
>

> Sounds kind of serious to me... has anyone see this before? Or is it me,
> my linux host or something?
>
> Thank You
> Jason

No I have not seen that error, but from what I can puzzle out.....

If we are talking chapter 05

gmp is installed in the gcc step

If we are talking chapter 06

gmp.h is defined in the gmp-5.0.2 package, which should have been
installed just before gcc

So it looks like you have missed something in you build.