[lfs-support] date timezone "issue" during portion of build

David Gay davidwgay at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 19:40:44 PST 2012

>>On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 12:30:12PM -0800, David Gay wrote:
>>Subject: date timezone "issue" during portion of build
>
>> During part of the build, after coreutils is installed in section 5.18,
>> until coreutils is installed in section 6.23, the date command will only
>> return a UTC time.  ie:
>>
>>      Fri Dec 30 15:00:00 UTC 2011
>> instead of:
>>      Fri Dec 30 10:00:00 EST 2011
>>
>>[ snipped here ]

Thanks for the quick response.  Basically, no, it's not causing any problems
that I can tell, so I'm not really worried about it, especially since every thing
else seems ok.  It's probably just my anal retentive nature to want things to be
my way.  :) That, and I was hoping it would be an easy fix, and someone would
see this tell me: "Yo, moron, you just need to do... (some trivial task)."
Oh well.... ;)

As for why I even noticed - I use a scripted build that displays a time stamp
at the start of each package, along with an estimated finish time.  So, mentally
figuring UTC to EST for a few packages in the middle of the build is no big
deal, other than my aforementioned anal-retentiveness.

In anycase, thanks again for the response. And thanks to everyone who works on
the LFS project.

David