[lfs-support] Error while compiling GCC 4.6.1 Pass 1

Franck Chuiton franck at chuiton.fr
Thu Jan 5 02:54:31 PST 2012

Hi Ken,

Le jeudi 05 janvier 2012 à 02:04 +0000, Ken Moffat a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 09:22:26PM -0400, Franck Chuiton wrote:
> > make[2]: *** [s-gtype] Killed
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/LFS/sources/gcc-build/gcc'
> > make[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/LFS/sources/gcc-build'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
>  Hi Franck, it's the '[s-gtype] Killed' that shows the problem.
Yep, I think I got that right too ;)

>   But
> as for what caused it, I've no idea - perhaps a segfault (hopefully,
> that would be logged somewhere?), perhaps OOM [ out of memory ].
>  Is this an old machine ?  Is it short of space ?  Has the RAM
> decided to start misbehaving [ memtest86 ] ?
512MB of DDR533, 1600Mhz CPU. Laptop seems to work fine. Just finished
memtesting the RAM and no error came out.

I guess I mistyped something because when I used Jason's piece of script
(copy-paste), it went OK. Well, at least, a bit further down because I
had another error... that I will track down tonight.

Have a nice day.
See you.

--
Franck Chuiton <franck at chuiton.fr>