[lfs-support] "at" command?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:44:25 PST 2012

David Gay wrote:
> Since I get a "command not found" type error, I assume not, but I have
> to ask:
>
> 1) is the "at" command installed in any of the LFS  packages?

Not presently.  It is mentioned in Section iv. LFS and Standards.

> 2) Or, is there some other command that provides the same functionality?
>    (start some job/batch file at a given time)
>
> 3) Finally, if not part of LFS, can anyone suggest where to find the
>    sources so I can install it?

The classic 'at' command is contained in the package
at-3.1.13.orig.tar.gz (http://packages.debian.org/source/unstable/at).
You do not need the diff file.

The package also provides the 'batch' command.

You do need to create a boot script for it to function properly because
the atd daemon needs to be running for it to work.

This is the first time I've seen a request for it.

   -- Bruce